Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Predicting the Weather

1. You have an exchange student coming to visit for the next 3 months from a country in the northern hemisphere.
2. You need to explain to them what the weather is going to be like. Compare the average temperatures between the countries for the next 3 months and the average precipitation. Find an image of a average temp and precipitation graph for your two locations.
3. You are also going to take him to Thredbo in May. Explain to him what it will be like in Thredbo and what clothing he'll need.
4. Make sure you explain the type of clothing your exchange will need and how it is the same/different from what he would normally wear at home.



I have a exchange student coming to visit me in Australia Sydney for the next 3 months. This exchange student comes from Fort Yukon, Alaska in North America. He going is coming over and I need to email him and tell him what the weather is like over here and tell him would clothes to bring etc. He has already told me the current weather in Fort Yukon Alaska. He tells me that it is currently -18 degrees Celsius and the next few days the weather is going to be rise up to -35 degrees. He sent me this graph bellow telling the average high and low temperatures in Fort Yukon.
This is what I said in my email


I would like to tell you the weather in Sydney in Australia. It is currently Summer and the temperature is very hot right now. This means most of the clothes you have over there will probably weren't need it in Sydney but you may need it when we go to Thredbo which  is quite cold, but not as cold where you are. It is currently 22 degrees Celsius which will remain like that for the next few days. It occasionally rains but its mainly sunny and hot. I would like to show you a graph of outlining the average temperatures in Sydney.






I can imagine what clothing you would wear over in Alaska, incredibly thick woolen coats to keep yourself warm with thick pants and boots. The clothing in Australia is very casual we would only need a t-shirt and short pants for Summer. All that thick clothing you probably won't need besides the trip to Threbo. Thredbo is a much colder part of NSW which is about 500 kilometres of Sydney. It is not as cold as where you live though, you may still need to bring warm clothing which I guess you have plenty of. Though it only snows in Winter not in Summer but it's still quite cold, but I assume you would be fine with it.  I hope you make it safety to Sydney and I hope you enjoy Australia.



No comments:

Post a Comment